Del Rosa Christian School’s
Sixth Grade Overnight Fall Trip
Japanese War Relocation Center
10/29/12 – 10/30/12
You will need this important information for our field trip:
7:45am Monday, October 29th – Meet at DRCS so we can pack as we are planning to leave at 8am sharp. Please eat breakfast before you come, we will not be stopping until lunch except for bathrooms.
5:00 pm Tuesday, October 30th – Return home to DRCS (Possibly as early as 4 pm)
Our emergency telephone numbers:
Mr. Thompson (951) 217- 8956
Pastor Steve (909) 800-2398
Please do not send your children with cell phones. If you wish to call your student or have your student call you we are more than willing to lend our phones.
We are staying at the Best Western Frontier Motel just of the 395 in Lone Pine
Phone number to motel is (760) 876-5571
Each room will have two queen beds and four people.
An adult will be staying in each room.
If you want a personal room for an extra charge please let me know ASAP.
Field trips are a part of Del Rosa Christian School’s regular activities. As a class, we represent the school and most importantly our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, school rules and regulations must be followed.
- Dress Code – Modesty and neatness are key words when planning what to pack for this trip! The school dress code is the guide in determining modest apparel.
- Please make sure to pack a good pair of shoes, as we will be walking on rough terrain.
- You will want to pack pants in case it is cold or raining.
- The motel has a pool, but it will be too cold and windy at night to use it.
- Students will need a warm coat or sweater for the cold night and brisk morning air.
- Don’t forget to pack toiletries.
Personal Electronics – No CD players, I-Pods, MP3’s, PSP’s, DS’s, or portable DVD players may be brought on the trip. Students may only carry cell phones at a parent’s request.
Luggage – Each person may bring one piece of luggage, but try to keep it small. You may also bring a backpack.
Meal Money – Each person attending the trip should bring enough money to cover 2 fast food lunch meals. $15 to $20 should be sufficient. A pizza dinner is covered in the price as well as a full breakfast at the motel.
Other spending money is up to you. Students will be responsible for handling their own money, so only send the amount you feel they will be able to handle. $10 to $20 is more than enough in my opinion.
Snacks – I encourage each parent to send snack foods with your child.
- Please make sure to bring a Bible, pen, and notebook for our devotional times.
I am excited about this trip, and look forward to spending quality time outside of the classroom with the students. Please let me know if you have any questions.