Monthly Archives: March 2013
here is an opportunity to earn some money for your fundraising account!
We are selling tickets to an upcoming
66er’s baseball game against the Modesto Nuts
On Friday, April 4th at 7:05pm
An added extra is a fireworks show after the game.
Here is how it works:
Pre-sell tickets to family, friends, and coworkers!
Come to the office and pick up the needed tickets.
Tickets must be paid for before we can hand them out.
Ticket Cost for Executive Seats in Section 205
$10 each (You earn $5) Or 3 for $25 (You earn $10)
Or 4 for $30 (You earn $10)
Tickets can be purchased through the school’s front office till Thursday, March 28th at noon.
After that you can purchase tickets from me, Pastor Todd, until Thursday, April 4th at 5pm.
Just call me at (951) 217-8956
Don’t forget to tell people about 50 Cent Friday Deals on
Hot Dogs – Breadsticks – Jambalaya
Saturday, March 16th
6am to 4pm
& We Need Your Help
Would you please donate any of that unneeded stuff lying around your house to our “Garage Sale”
We are raising money for the 6th Grade Trip
- Clothes, shoes, baby clothes, hats…
- Books, DVD’s, CD’s, shelves…
- Electronics, tools, small furniture…
- Toys, bikes, sports equipment…
Please no large furniture. Thank You
Items can be dropped off at the school as early as Monday the 11th
Or at the house on Friday March 15th after 4pm
At Pastor Todd’s House – 730 Sonora Street, S.B. 92404
Anything unsold will be donated to
the S.B. City Mission or the Veteran’s Hospital
Questions Call (951) 217-8956
6th Grade Class Spring Overnight Field Trip
Museum of Tolerance & The Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
Monday, March 18th – Tuesday, March 19th of 2013
Our two-day trip to Los Angeles to learn more about the Holocaust is two weeks away. On this trip we will be touring two well laid out museums that allow the students to get a much larger picture of the atrocities of the Holocaust during World War II. The idea behind this is to let them see how hate and prejudice when full-grown can cause such pain and devastation, but also how it started small. We want to instill in the students a reality of the seed of hate and what it can grow into. They will be reading through “The Diary of Anne Frank” to help prepare them for what they will see.
In visiting both the Museum of Tolerance and the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust they will get to hear two survivors share their stories of living through such a awful tragedy.
Please read over the details below and return the attached permission slip by this Wednesday, March 6th. I need to know who will be joining us on this trip as soon as possible to book the hotel properly.
Here are the details about the trip:
- We will be meeting at 8:30am sharp on that Monday morning at the school. We will be leaving shortly after to the Museum of Tolerance. We will be stopping at a park near the museum for lunch before we arrive to the museum. A sack lunch will be needed.
- In addition to the sack lunch for Monday each student will need to bring $5 to $10 for breakfast at a fast food place for breakfast and $10 to $15 for lunch at Farmers Market on Tuesday. The rest of the cost of the trip for students will be covered by our fundraising if they have raised enough.
- We will be returning home between 3pm and 4pm Tuesday, March 19th. We will have students call their parents when we are getting close to home.
- Students are allowed to pack one overnight bag and are not allowed to bring electronics.
- All parents are encouraged to come on the trip, but will need to pay $50 to cover the cost of the hotel, gas, and Monday night’s dinner. The dinner will be a traditional Jewish meal at Canter’s Restaurant in the heart of the Jewish center of Los Angeles.
- We will be staying at the Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn. If you would like your own room, it will cost an extra $75.
- Please return the permission slip handed out in class by Wednesday, March 8th. Money for the trip can be turned in to the office anytime between now and March 26th.
- Parents are very much-needed to drive on this trip.