Monthly Archives: April 2013
Some of you have done a great job raising funds and are almost all covered for the trip, others of you still need some help. Below are some more opportunities.
DRCS Talent Show & Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
Friday, April 26th – From 6pm to 9pm
This is the next big fundraiser for us. We are doing an all you can eat spaghetti buffet dinner and our own DRCS students will be providing some live entertainment. I have changed the cost to $8 a person and anyone performing with a paid adult is free.
All the money raised will be split between those who participate in the making the dinner a success!
How to participate:
– First, We need everyone to donate one bag of spaghetti, sauce, and a dessert. Or donate $5.
– Then you must select a time below where you can help out.
– Sign up to help cook and prep the food from 3pm to 5:30pm
– Sign up to help set up the auditorium & serve from 4:30pm to 7pm
– Sign up to help serve and clean up from 7pm to 9:30pm
– I also need a parent or two to oversee the cooking and set up.
– Sign ups will be on hanging on by the sixth grade stairwell starting this Friday.
This could easily fall apart if we don’t get enough help! Please sign up.
Other Possibilities With Parent Support:
Earn $25 by running the Snow Cone Sale – See Pastor Todd to pick a date!
Car Wash in May – Looking at Saturday, May 11th. Would you be able to participate?
Continue Selling Peel-Off Cards—I have more brochures.
Sell More Cany Boxes – One Family Has Earned $210 Doing This.
If you have any questions please feel free to call the school office, your teacher,
or Pastor Todd at (951) 217-8956.
Ronald Reagan Library &
Air Force One Discovery Center
Thursday, April 25, 2013
7:45am to 4:oopm
Cost: $5 for students & $15 for adults
Hello Parents & Students,
In two weeks we are going to the Reagan Library and the Air Force One Discovery Center
The Discovery Center is a unique educational experience. Students will be facing the challenges and responsibilities of presidential decision making and military planning in the midst of a reenactment of an international crisis. They will be taking a journey back to 1983, to the Presidency of Ronald Reagan and the Grenada Crisis. During this time, the oval office staff, and military commanders worked tirelessly to rescue 800 American medical students.
Students will be given roles of people who faced the crisis. Acting as President, his cabinet and military advisors; students will make vital decisions regarding the Grenada Crisis. They will debate the merits of various diplomatic and military options and share their opinions with the acting President, who will then have to make the final decision.
Parents, be careful not to give away the ending of this crisis in our nation’s history in order to allow the students to make actual decisions. Also, I am sorry to say that parents will not be allowed in the Discovery Center during the first part of our trip. You will, however, be able to explore the library during your student’s experience.
Here are the details about the trip:
- We will be meeting at 7:45am in the morning and returning around 4:00pm.
- We are asking each student to dress up professionally to get into character for their roles.
- The trip cost for each student is $5. Parents cost is $15.
- We are in need of at least 3 drivers for this trip.
- Each student and adult will need to bring a sack lunch.
- Please return the attached permission slip form by April 18th.