Trip Packing List & Info
5/15/17 – 5/19/17
Important Trip Information & Packing List
You will need this important information for our field trip:
Monday, May 15, 2017 –
600am Meet at DRCS to load vehicles
We are leaving at 6:15am
–Eat Breakfast before you come, we will not be stopping for food until lunch.
Return home between 7:00pm to 8:00 pm on Friday, May 19, 2017 – to D.R.C.S
Two emergency telephone numbers
Pastor Todd (951) 217-8956
Office (909) 882-3004
Where we are staying: (Not Confirmed)
In Yosemite: Half Dome Village Tent Cabins (801) 559-4892 (Monday Night)
In Sacramento: Best Western Sutter House (916) 441-1314 (Tuesday Night)
In San Francisco: Comfort Inn by the Bay (415) 928-5000 (Wednesday Night)
In San Simeon: Days Inn (805) 927-8659 (Thursday Night)
Field Trips are a part of Del Rosa Christian School’s regular activities. As a class, we represent the school and most importantly our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, school rules and regulations must be followed.
Dress Code – Modesty and respect are key words when planning what to pack for this trip! The school dress code is the guide in determining modest apparel. However, there is one exception to the rules regarding shoes – sandals may be worn on this trip. Also on Wednesday night we will be having a “pool party”. Girls can wear a two piece suit that is covered up with a dark T-shirt (not a white shirt) and shorts. Students will need enough clothes for the whole week. Remember that we will be doing a great deal of walking, so bring comfortable clothing and a good pair of shoes.
Special note for Tuesday – I would like everyone to wear their DRCS shirts w/o numbers or chapel dress on Tuesday when we visit the State Capitol.
Personal Electronics – No I-Pads, CD players, I Pods, PSP’s, Nintendo DS’s and portable DVD players may be brought on the trip. Students may only carry cell phones at a parent’s request, but are not allowed to use them without permission from their teachers.
Luggage – Each person may bring two pieces of luggage, but try to keep it to one piece and a backpack. Ladies may also bring a purse as a third bag if needed.
Meal Money – Each person attending the trip should bring enough money to cover 6 meals not covered in our trip. I feel that parents should plan to send at least $10 per meal ($60 total) with their child for food. (I can be banker for meals if needed.)
Other spending money is up to the parents to send with their child. We will be visiting several locations where souvenirs may be purchased.
Snacks – I encourage each parent to send snack foods with your child. Just remind your kid that in Yosemite all snacks need to be put in bear boxes.
Packing List & Musts
- Bring a Bible and pen for our daily devotional times.
- Be sure to bring warm clothes for night. A good jacket and jeans as we will be in Yosemite and along the coast. Warm set of Pjs is a good idea as well!
- A good pair of tennis shoes. We will be walking a lot and going on a hike in Yosemite.
- A hat, sunscreen, bug spray, or anything else of that nature for the nature.
- An extra set of shoes, socks and clothes. It is a week-long trip and it is better to have than have not.
- A small backpack for our hike on Monday.
- Flashlight for Yosemite.
- Camera/Phone okay, but only for pictures and calling parents with permission
- Modest swimsuit for Tuesday’s pool party.
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shampoo, and deodorant. Towels are provided, even in Yosemite).
I’m excited about this trip, and look forward to spending quality time outside of the classroom with the students. Please let me know if you have any questions.